Research Post

My research topic is on homosexuality in Ancient Greece. My research question is: How prevalent was homosexuality throughout Ancient Greece. I find this topic interesting because a lot of people are unaware of the fact that homosexuality was very prevalent throughout Ancient Greece. It is incredibly interesting that the Spartan soldiers had frequent homosexual relationships and many people consider the Spartans the epitome of "masculinity", but gay men are considered "feminine" in today's society. Society today never really talks about homosexuality in Ancient Greece, which is oddd considering homosexual relationships were very common in the time. I decided to research this topic becasue Ms. Howell brought up how no one ever talks about homosexuality in Sparta, and I thought it would be really interesting to research.

Another interesting aspect to my topic is how people back in Ancient Greece were very accepting. No one was really homophobic, and homosexual relationships were considered normal relationships; it was just another form of love. This is important because it shows that homosexuality has been around for a long time and that it is normal. I like this topic and am very excited to keep working on it. I have found a lot of good sources, and think my paper will be very strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gun Control

An Introduction To Me

On 9/11: What Hate Will Do