Goodbye, My Love

Goodbye, My Love: An Original Poem

I walk
Into the
Graveyard,
Afraid of what I am about to
See.
I know seeing the
Tombstone
Again makes it
Real.
Part of me still
Cannot accept that this
Is not a
Nightmare.
But I
Walk.
I notice countless
Rusted tombstones and the
Decaying flowers that
Surround them.
I try not to
Think
About all the
Lost people below these
Tombstones.
So I simply
Walk.
I walk until I
Reach his
Tombstone.
I want to
Gather the
Words to say
Something,
But there
Are not enough
Words in any language to
Describe how I
Feel.
He made this
World
Worth living in, and
Without him,
There is
No point
In saying
Or doing
Or feeling
Anything.
So all I say is this:
I still miss you.
And I’m sorry I
Was not enough to
Keep you
Here.
But you were
Enough for me.
I love you, and I can’t
Wait to see you
Again.
I hope you haven’t
Forgotten me.
I guess this is my
Goodbye.
It still does not
Feel right.

I wrote this original poem in poetry club today. My fall break was a disaster. I went through a lot, and this really helped me get some emotion out. Yes, the situation is fiction, but the emotions are very real. Thanks for listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gun Control

An Introduction To Me

On 9/11: What Hate Will Do