Talk about a piece of media (book, movie, musical, etc) that you feel has influenced your life in some way

Prompt: Talk about a piece of media (book, movie, musical, etc) that you feel has influenced your life in some way

A piece of media that I feel has influenced my life is John Carpenter's 1978 horror classic Halloween. I've been wanting to write about this film for a little while now, because it has had such a profound impact on my life, and considering Halloween is right around the corner, I felt like this was the perfect time. You're probably wondering how a 70s slasher film is such a big part of my life, but stay with me, I'm getting there. I consider Halloween to be one of the best horror films ever made, for quite a few reasons. I could go on and on, but in short, it is due to it's suspenseful soundtrack, characters, and good use of tensions and slow-building scares. 

The reason this film has so much meaning is because it is the first horror film I ever watched. It is probably the reason why I love horror films so much today. Anyway, I rewatch the film ever year around Halloween, and every single time, I still love it. As an aspiring writing and director who hopes to one day make a good horror film, I aspire to do what John Carpenter did with Halloween; create a horror film that is more than cheap jump-scares and cardboard characters. So, in-short, there's nothing I love more than a good horror film or an effective haunted house, and I thank Halloween for introducing me to how much fun the horror genre can be. As lame as this may sound, John Carpenter is someone I really look up to, and I hope to one day make a horror film that would make him proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gun Control

An Introduction To Me

On 9/11: What Hate Will Do