Reading Response

Fun Home by Alison Bechdel


Fun Home by Alison Bechdel is Alison Bechdel's true story of her distant relationship with her father. First off, I would highly recommend Fun Home. It is an amazing story and is beautifully told. One of my favorite parts of Fun Home was how real it was. This is a book that really nails the different facets of strained family relationships. It really showcases the struggles of being distant from a family member, and how that can affect a person. Another aspect of it is that it deals with coming to terms with your sexuality and being gay. This part of the book was done very well, and it really shows how sometimes this can be confusing, and can sometimes even be very difficult to deal with. One thing that helps Fun Home, is that it is a true story, so the author, Alison Bechdel, is talking from her personal experience, and there were many times reading the book where I really related and connected to what she was saying. The book feels so real because it is. This elevates the novel even further, and, like I've said, there were so many times where I really related a lot. Overall, I would highly recommend Fun Home by Alison Bechdel.

Comments

  1. I love Fun Home! The musical is awesome too (but you know that). I didn't know it was a true story though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gun Control

An Introduction To Me

On 9/11: What Hate Will Do