Grieving You (symbolism short story)

The news
Broke
Me.
I put down the
Phone,
Walked into our
Bedroom,
And got into
Bed.
And I lied
There.
I lied there
Thinking
About what you would
Say
To make
Everything
Right.
You’d wrap me in
Your arms
And whisper how much you
Loved me.
How as long as you were there,
You’d never let
Anything
Happen to me.
How everything was going to
Be okay.
I felt
Safest
In your
Arms,
You know.
At night,
When you held
Me as I fell
Asleep,
I just wished we could
Stay there
Forever,
As you
Held
Me until the
End of
Time.
Reality suddenly
Sets in,
And I realize
You are no
Longer here to
Hold me as
I cry.
You left me when
I needed you
Most.
I’m sorry, love.
I know it’s
My fault.
I knew you were
Suffering,
But I couldn’t be
Bothered to reassure
You.
I am so sorry.
Please forgive
Me.
Please come back to
Me.
Come back,
And hold
Me,
And tell me everything will
Be okay,
And tell me that you’ll
Never leave my
Side.
I love
You.
I need you
To know
This.
But it doesn’t
Matter now.
It’s too
Late.
I hoped loving was
Enough
To keep you
Here, but I guess I fell short.
You’ve left me
Here,
Alone.
But I can’t even
Balme you.
It’s my fault for not
Loving you
Hard enough
I wish I had let you
Know how much I loved
You
When I had the chance.
But I want you to know, that
When I heard you
Had died,
Part of me died
Too.

The bed signifies comfort, which is what the narrator seeks, which is why he goes there directly. Words that have lines of there own are symbolic in the way that those are the most important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gun Control

An Introduction To Me

On 9/11: What Hate Will Do