One Word

It hurts,
but it's easy.
At first,
anyway.
The beginning is
easiest because
I haven't
had a
chance
to miss you
yet.
We knew it
needed
to happen.
Our hearts simply
did not
beat
the same
rhythm
anymore.
At different paces,
our hearts
were killing each
each other's.
So we
decided
to separate them.
Our hearts separated,
as did our
minds,
and our souls.
We walked away
from each
other.
Our lives
no longer
combined.
The first part
was easy.
I thought my
life
would be better without
you.
And maybe it
is.
But the hard
part
is that I miss
you.
When I am reminded
of something we
used to
share,
I remember how
much I
loved
you.
I want you to
know
I still do.
Even though
you share our
inside jokes
with someone else,
I will always be
here for you.
We're walking two different
paths.
Maybe one day,
they'll collide

again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gun Control

An Introduction To Me

On 9/11: What Hate Will Do