Free post: Poem

Hair
There was the one with the dirty blonde hair.
He was bright,
and happy,
and loving,
as someone with blonde hair
would be expected to
be.
Soon, the dirty part came out.
And that is when I
realized
just how dirty
he was willing
to let his
hair get
when it came
to staying
popular.
There was the one with the black hair.
He was dark,
and mysterious,
and beautiful.
I was drawn to
that.
Staying with him
made me feel
safe,
because I thought he would
protect
me.
But I soon would
learn,
he was interested in
protecting
a lot of guys.
I was not as
special
as I
thought.
And then there was the one with the
gray hair.
He was new,
and exciting,
and something I did not
see coming.
I liked his
kindness.
His originality was
something
I admired.
Unfortunately for me,
the only thing he admired about
me was my willingness
to let him
hurt me.
Every boy,
same story,
different hair.
Not much else
to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gun Control

An Introduction To Me

On 9/11: What Hate Will Do